Dental Cleaning and Scaling – Eliminate the First Sign of Cavities and Tooth Decay
A regular dental teeth cleaning completes your everyday basic oral hygiene routine. Through regular cleanings and visits to our clinic, your dentist can remove plaque and tartar build-up that brushing and flossing alone cannot.
At Hyland Dental, we use the most advanced techniques and instruments for dental scaling to ensure a professional deep cleaning of your teeth and gums. Our dentists take great care to ensure a gentle but thorough clean, and exercise caution around inflamed gums and sensitive teeth. Here’s how:
- Inspection: Your dentist or hygienist will inspect your mouth to make sure your gums are not bleeding or inflamed, as well as confirm that you don’t have infections, sores, and other dental problems that require immediate treatment.
Cleaning agent: Your dental hygienist will apply a cleaning agent to free up deep-seated plaque in between the teeth and along the gumline for cleaning.
- Dental scaling: Using industry-standard instruments, your hygienist will scale and scrape along the teeth and gums to remove built-up plaque and prevent cavities from setting in.
- Flossing: Your hygienist will floss in between each tooth to ensure a thorough cleaning and permanent removal of built-up plaque.
- Dental fluoride treatment: Your dentist may recommend a dental fluoride treatment to complete the cleaning, strengthen the teeth’s enamel, and prevent further cavities.
- Next visit: Once your dental cleaning is complete, your dentist will inform you of warning signs for serious oral conditions, and remind you of good oral hygiene habits. You can also ask questions about your oral health, and book your next dental cleaning and check-up to keep your smile healthy.